Smoke escapes into home through broken chimneyBy Jennie Slevin
February 27, 2013
A cracked chimney forced a couple to evacuate their home when smoke began to escape through a light fitting.
Fire crews from Bracknell and Wokingham were called to the house in Calfridus Way at 7pm and spent an hour and a half ensuring the house was clear of smoke and the light fitting was safe.
Firefighter Bret Humphries said: "The couple was unharmed.
"There was just a little smoke which we had to clear and make safe."