Firefighter issues cooking warning after flat rescueBy Jon Nurse
February 09, 2013
A firefighter climbed through a second storey window after a woman locked herself out of her home with the cooker on.
A crew from Bracknell fire station was sent to flats in Moor Close, Owlsmoor, at around 6pm yesterday after a woman reported she didn't have her keys.
The team arrived at the scene in five minutes and used a ladder to enter through an open second floor window.
Watch manager Michael Fulwell said: "Normally we wouldn't help someone access a premises but there was a potential fire safety issue.
"Our advice is if you are cooking you shouldn't be distracted and leave it.
"It's quite possible this was an oversight here but cooking is the most common reason for fires in the home - just over half of house fires start in the kitchen."