Couple fight flames in kitchen fireBy Jennie Slevin
February 06, 2013
A couple fought flames in a kitchen after a piece of plastic caused a fire in their home.
A fire crew from Bracknell attended the fire at a house in Warwick, Crown Wood at 4.40pm and were there for about 25 minutes.
The fire is thought to have started after a bit of plastic landed on top of a hot hob.
The couple turned the stove off and put out the fire with a powder extinguisher they had in their home.
Michael Fulwell, watch manager for Bracknell fire station said: "It's important when there is a fire to get out straight away.
"Plastic causes a lot of smoke and can be very dangerous."
The couple evacuated their home and called the fire brigade to deal with the smoke.
Watch manager Fulwell added: "By the time we got there the fire was basically out.
"It was just a case of ventilating the building to get rid of the smoke..
"A crew from Wokingham were going to join us but the fire was nearly out by the time we got there so we turned them back around."