Family saved after electrical blazeBy Jennie Slevin
February 02, 2013
A family, who left their tumble dryer on over night, have been saved by a smoke detector say fire fighters.
The blaze started in the family home in Humber Way, Sandhurst, in the early hours of this morning (Saturday).
A fire crew from Bracknell were called out at 2.30am after the tumble dryer, in a lean-to shed next to the house, caught fire.
The flames smashed a downstairs window and spread into the roof space but a smoke detector in the house raised the alarm and the family evacuated before anyone was harmed.
Gary Nash, watch manager at Bracknell Fire Station said: "The smoke detector saved their lives.
"If anyone does require smoke detector please call Bracknell Fire Station and we will fit it for you.
"We'd also tell people not to run electrical appliances while they're asleep."