Flat block evacuated after fire breaks outBy Becky Barnes
January 01, 2013
Twenty people were evacuated from a block of flats when a fire broke out in a shed outside.
When Bracknell firefighters arrived in Wordsworth, Great Hollands, at 6am this morning, residents of a block of flats had got out of the building after a small fire in a bin in an outdoor communal shed triggered alarms.
Fire watch manager Gary Nash said people were in good spirits considering the early morning and said the fire was thought to be accidental and could have been caused by a discarded cigarette.
He added people need to be more careful when throwing away cigarettes or ash as the fire could have spread from the shed to the building.
The crew put out the fire in less than half an hour.