Light fitting blows at nursing home in WildridingsBy Becky Barnes
December 10, 2012
Firefighters were called to a smoking electricty box this morning after a light blew in the bathroom of a nursing home.
A fire crew from Bracknell station was called at just before 7am after staff smelt 'electrical' burning at Heathlands Residential Home. in Crossfell, Wildridings.
Firefighter Scott Pay said the fire was very small and had burnt out when they arrived so it was more a case of 'babysitting' the box until the electricity board arrived.
He added it had not spread anywhere but some of the electricity box had melted.
The crew made sure the area was safe and were at the nursing home for around an hour until Southern Electric arrived.
No one was hurt.
A council spokeswoman was keen to reassure families of residents the problem was limited to the light fitting and there was no fire.