Child's sleepover ruined by fireBy Jennie Slevin
December 08, 2012
A children's sleep-over was cut short last night after they woke to a blaze in a kitchen.
Fire crews from Bracknell and Wokingham were called out to the flat in Wayland Close, in Harmans water at 2.30 this morning (Saturday).
A brave child at the party was woken by the fire alarm and alerted two adults and another two children.
Fire fighter Chris Martin said the blaze was well developed by the time crews arrived on the scene. He said: "We were there until 7am while the fire was investigated.
We think it was an electrical fault with a TV."
Nobody was harmed and the flat was evacuated before fire crews arrived.