Man rushed to hospital after toilet cleaning accidentBy Jennie Slevin
December 07, 2012
A man was taken to hospital after inhaling a danmgerous gas caused by pouring chemicals down his toilet.
The man, who is thought to be in his thirties had poured bleach and another toilet cleaner down the toilet in an effort to clean it but ended up producing a chlorine gas.
A fire crew from Bracknell was called out to the house in Lady Bank, Birch Hill at midday along with teams from Wokingham and Whitley Wood who have a special chemical unit.
The crew were there for just over an hour and managed to get rid of harmful fumes with a special fan.
Fire fighter Steve Blackman said the man was walking around but had been sick, he said: "The ambulance turned up before us and took him off to hospital after a few minutes.
"He had been sick a few times and was coughing a lot."