Overheating brake causes Evian lorry fireBy Jonathan Low
October 04, 2012
An overheating rear brake caused a fire in the trailer of a lorry carrying Evian mineral water this morning.
Firefighters from Bracknell and Wokingham fire stations were called at around 5.30am to attend the fire Doncastle Road by staff at nearby Waitrose, and were there for around 45 minutes.
The overheating caused the tyres to explode and the road had to be closed while the fire was put out.
The lorry driver had tried to use the onboard extinguisher to try to reduce the flames but the crews were called after it got out of control.
Crew manager Richard Sage said: "It was an issue at the start but when we managed to get control of the situation it was relatively easy."