Safety warning after Jocks Lane flat fireBy Laura Herbert
July 05, 2012
A firefighter has issued a safety warning after a chip pan fire at a Bracknell flat.
Crews from Wokingham and Bracknell were called to the fourth floor flat at Campion House in Jocks Lane, at around 3.50pm this afternoon.
Bracknell watch manager Michael Fulwell said a chip pan had been left unattended, causing the oil to burn and fill the flat with thick black smoke.
The crews used a ventilation fan to blow the smoke out of the flat.
He advised: "Never leave chip pans unattended because at some point, if it is left on heat, the oil will start to burn and even a small amount of oil is enough to make an entire flat smell of cooking oil and fill with a huge amount of black smoke."