Mum and children flee kitchen fireBy David Millward
April 12, 2012
A mum and two children escaped the family home after a fire started in the kitchen.
Firefighters from Wokingham Road and Whitley Wood stations were called to the house in Windermere Road, Whitley, at about 8.20pm yesterday.
A smoke alarm had alerted the woman to the fire which was caused by a pan overheating on the hob.
The woman turned off the hob, called the fire service and left the house with her children. Fire damage was restricted to the hob.